Please Read the Information Below Before Proceeding
Some of our providers (e.g. therapists, psychologists) are in-network with various insurance plans. You can volunteer to pay cash to see the provider instead of using your insurance, but are under no obligation to do so. If the provider you wish to see is in-network with your insurance plan and you wish to bill the services through insurance, then please click here to complete our insurance survey.
However, if the provider you wish to see is in-network with your insurance plan and you do NOT wish to bill the services through insurance, you may proceed using the online self-scheduling. By clicking below, you acknowledge that the provider you wish to work with either is 1) not in network with your insurance plan or 2) is in-network with your plan but you do not want to bill services through your insurance.
There are several reasons why an individual may prefer to pay cash rather than use their insurance benefits. Some of those reasons include:
If you have wish to work with a provider who is in-network with your insurance but you do not want information provided to your insurance company or services billed to your insurance company, then this should be discussed with the provider during the first session.
* Insurance coverage for services must be "medically necessary." This requires that you (or the family member who would receive the services) meet criteria for a psychiatric diagnosis. If a psychiatric diagnosis is not present, then the only option to continue with services would be cash pay.
* Some individuals do not want their mental health diagnosis or history to be shared with their insurance company.
* Individuals may have their insurance as part of a family plan and do not want other members of their family (e.g. the primary insured) to have access to details of their treatment, such as the number of therapy sessions being attended and the diagnosis that has been assigned. For example, an adult child still on parent's insurance may not want his/her parents to see such information.
* Many insurance companies do not cover mental health services that involve couple's counseling, adjustment problems, phase of life difficulties, personal or spiritual growth or basic life coaching.
* If you or a loved one have not been able to find an in-network provider that you desire to work with, then you may pay cash to see any available out-of-network provider (for individuals with PPO or out-of-network options, it may be possible for some of the fee to be covered by those out-of-network benefits).
Please see below for a list of providers who are accepting online scheduling for cash pay appointments, but are in-network with some insurance companies. Please note the list is provided as a convenience and may not always be entirely accurate as many providers occasionally join or leave the various insurance networks. If you want to be certain of the providers status with your insurance network, you could call your insurance company or visit their website to see if the provider is listed as an in-network provider. By clicking on the "Continue to Scheduling" button below, you acknowledge that you have read this information and wish to proceed with scheduling a cash pay appointment online.