Welcome USC Students!!

WELCOME USC STUDENTS

Thank you for visiting Gunn Psychological Services. On this page you should find information you need regarding our assessment services, scheduling appointments, pricing, directions and parking. If you would like additional information please do not hesitate to call or contact us by email

 

 

OFFICE LOCATIONS

 

Most USC Students prefer to meet at our Downtown Los Angeles offices, although we also have offices available in several other Southern California cities. In downtown Los Angeles, we have offices available in 3 different buildings. All the office buildings are within half a mile of each other. Because it is Downtown Los Angeles, parking in the buildings is typically around $35-40 per day. The entrances to the on-site parking garages can also be difficult to locate. For that reason, please see the "Parking Options" section of this page or click here for other available parking options. Also, please note that the buildings require you to check in with a photo I.D. at the ground floor security desk, so please allot additional time when planning for your appointments.

 

All of our Downtown Los Angeles offices are easily accessible by public transportation and within half a mile of each other. Once you have scheduled an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with the exact office location, directions and parking information. To see a list of our Downtown Los Angeles Offices, please click here.

THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS

 

‚ÄčThe assessment process varies somewhat on a case-by-case basis. Generally, the variability is based on the reason for testing, although many testing batteries contain similar tests. We are aware that many students may be eager to complete the testing and obtain the results since certain accommodations require outside assessment. Therefore, our goal is to begin the assessment as quickly as needed and get the results to you as soon as possible. The entire process of scheduling the appointment, completing the testing and returning for feedback on the results typically requires approximately 2-4 weeks. For additional information regarding the assessment process, please click here.

PAYMENT

 

We accept most major insurance plans including the Aetna Student insurance plan offered by USC. If you are using this plan, then you need to be sure you have a referral from the USC Student Counseling Center (213-740-7711). Once you have this referral, we can bill the insurance as in-network providers. The plan provides for 90% coverage of the assessment. You would be responsible for the other 10%. Unfortunately, that amount varies somewhat and insurance will not give us the exact amount in advance, but it is generally between $150 and $200 dollars. You would not be responsible to pay anything until after the insurance company has submitted their explanation of benefits. This typically comes a few weeks after the testing session. For all other insurance plans, we will request your insurance information in advance. Our office will check on benefits and inform you of an approximate out-of-pocket cost prior to beginning testing. 

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING OPTIONS

 

Our Downtown Los Angeles offices are very accessible by public transportation. Many students find it much easier and more affordable to travel by public transportation than to drive (and then locate and pay for parking which can cost between $10 and $40 per day). For Public Transportation options to and from the USC campus and our Downtown Los Angeles offices, please click here. If you prefer to drive to the offices, please click here for parking options near our Downtown Los Angeles offices.

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

 

To schedule an appointment, please call us at 855-669-1202 or email our Office Manager, Mandy, at mandy@gunnpsych.com

 

Phone: 909-989-4055

Fax: 909-989-8005

 

Catch Dr. Gunn on Seasons 1 and 2 of

Lifetime Network's Child Genius.

Full episodes are available here.

Official therapy provider for Battle Buddy 4 Life, LLC.