Below you will find answers to many frequently asked questions. Feel free to email or call us with additional questions.

Insurance FAQ

Do you accept private insurance?

Yes, we accept most major insurance plans. We are currently in-network providers for Anthem Blue Cross, Magellan (for psychological testing only), Blue Shield of California, Aetna, MHN, Kaiser Permanente, Molina, IEHP and HealthNet. However, please note that although the group is in-network with these insurance companies, in some cases the individual provider must also be in-network in order to bill insurance for in-network services.


In addition, all of our licensed providers are able to bill out of network benefits for PPO insurance plans. This would typically require you to pay the fee at the time of service and then wait to be reimbursed by the insurance company. However, some individuals prefer to receive a "superbill" (something like a receipt with specific information for insurance companies) for services so that they might bill the insurance company and follow-up directly. Otherwise, we are happy to bill out of network benefits directly.

If you would like for us to contact your insurance provider to review your eligibility for therapy or assessment services to be covered under your plan, please submit your insurance information using the following form: http://www.gunnpsych.com/insurancesurvey

If you would prefer to submit this information by other means, please feel free to email us at info@gunnpsych.com, or contact us via phone at (909) 989-4055. If you would like to download and complete a physical version of this survey, you may do so here and fax it to us at 909-989-8005.

Do you accept state or government insurance such as Medicare, Medi-Cal, LA Care and IEHP?

Yes and no. As of January, 2020, we are in-network providers with:

* IEHP through both their behavioral health and autism programs (although we do not provide ABA therapy).

* Straight Medi-Cal

* Medicare

* Molina Healthcare

* Anthem Blue Cross Medi-Cal 

We are not providers for Beacon/CHIPA or LA Care. 

Do you accept College/University student health plans?

In most instances, the answer is yes. Our experience is that most College/University student health plans are managed by a major insurance company. Many of the Colleges/Universities we work with have their student health plans through Aetna. The student typically just needs to obtain a referral for the outside assessment from their student services department and then they can call our office to schedule the appointment. The out of pocket fee from the student varies based on what service is being requested (for example, therapy vs. assessment). The health plan generally covers 70-90% of their negotiated rate for the therapy and assessment fees. The final amount ultimately depends on the specific insurance plan. Please feel free to call us and we can check with the insurance plan and/or your College/University for specific details.

Please reload

Services FAQ

Do you provide therapy/counseling services?

Yes, we have several professionals who specialize only in therapy/counseling services. We currently offer therapy/counseling services out of both our Rancho Cucamonga and Pasadena offices. 

What types of therapy/counseling do you offer?

We have professionals who practice from a variety of perspectives and treatment strategies. Each clinician has their own unique style and manner that contributes to the success of the therapy they offer. We invite you to read their profiles and/or consult with them to determine who might be best suited to work with you. We would be glad to offer suggestions by phone as well if you would like to call us. In general, we have clinicians who practice from treatment models such as cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, solution-focused, brief or long-term models. We offer individual child and/or adult, family and group counseling formats.

Do you provide services for children and adults?

Yes, our professionals have training and experience working with children and adults for a variety of different concerns and/or referral questions. We also have relationships with many other professionals in the psychological community. Therefore, if we are not able to provide the service you are looking for, we can offer you a referral to a professional who could meet your needs. We are happy to consult with you to determine if we are able to help or if another professional would be better suited to assist you.

Do you provide psychological testing?

Yes, we have several professionals who specialize only in psychological testing/assessment. We currently offer assessment services out of both our Rancho Cucamonga and Pasadena offices. 

Do you conduct Independent Educational Evaluations?

Yes, we have several psychologists who are experienced with independent educational evaluations and would be happy to provide the service for you. 

Can your reports help document the need for accommodations for college students?

Yes, we are frequently referred students from local colleges and universities in order to determine if the student meets criteria for academic accommodations. Our reports are very thorough and clearly document the need for any accommodation while also clearly stating the specific accommodations that are being requested. The universities that we work with have appreciated our reports and have generally provided the requested accommodations without difficulty.

Please reload

Phone: 909-989-4055 (call or text message)

Fax: 909-989-8005

Email: info@gunnpsych.com


Official therapy provider for Battle Buddy 4 Life, LLC. 

Catch Dr. Gunn on Seasons 1 and 2 of

Lifetime Network's Child Genius.

Full episodes are available here.